Problems logging in
myVictoria is open to current staff and students of Victoria University. Just use your Victoria University username and password. You do not need to specify the staff or student domain.
New Students - Reset your password
You need to change your default password before using myVictoria. To do this:
- Go to our Student Password Reset page..
- Enter your username at the first login box. (Your user name is printed near the top right of your Confirmation of Study form. For new undergraduates, it is usually the first 6 characters of your surname, followed by 4 characters of your first name.)
- Click Next.
- An email will be sent to your preferred personal email address with an eight digit security code.
- Enter the code on the password reset website.
- Click Next.
- Choose a new password.
- After your password has been reset, you should be able to log into myVictoria using your NEW password straight away.
If that does not work, you can ring the ITS Service Desk on ext 5050 (04 463 5050) and log a call. Alternatively, use this
online form to log it directly to the service desk.
Are you a new staff member or a staff member who previously has been a student at Victoria?
If you recieve an error when using your username and password your myVictoria account may not have been registered yet or may be aligned with your student username as password. To ensure that we have your details correctly registered please:
- Call ext 5050 (or 463 5050) between 8:00am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday; or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org including your staff username and if appropriate your current or past student username and student number if you know it.
Important! Following either of the two options above ensures that the issue will be tracked and the portal team notified so that we can address your issue and if necessary contact you to understand the problem you are having.
If you have forgotten your password, or need to change it, use the University's password synchronisation tool from the links below, then return to the myVictoria login page to try again.
- Student password synchronisation
- Staff password synchronisation
Known browser issues
Internet Explorer 7.0
- IE 7 is not completely compatible with myVictoria. Some myVictoria channels will not display content (without additional clicks). The myVictoria software vendor is working towards providing support for IE 7, but its use is not currently recommended.